Counting Young Children in the 2020 Census: Census Operations
Please join us on Tuesday, March 26, at 2 pm eastern for a webinar on Census operations and young children.
This webinar will review the Census 2020 operations with a lens on aspects of the process that are particularly important to understand if you are trying to help count all kids. Kaile H. Bower, Chief, Integrated Partnership and Communications Branch of the Census Bureau, will review the Census process. She will include such topics as:
- When and how will families be notified that they must complete the Census questionnaire?
- What are the basic ways that families can fill out the Census questionnaire?
- In complex households, when should children be included on the form, and how will the Census make this information available?
- What should a parent or guardian do if they are not sure whether their child was included when another household member filled out the form?
- What should families do if they are in a temporary living situation? If they are homeless?
- Where should a child be counted if they split their time between two or more residences?
- What should families do if they have a PO box?
- What should families do if they heard about the census but never got a notice about completing the questionnaire?
- How can child care centers, schools, and other organizations that work with families help make sure young children are counted?
For this webinar, please feel free to send any questions you have in advance to email@example.com , so that Ms. Bowers can be prepared.