For years, executives in the senior living industry have been discussing a looming critical staff shortage. This shortage is predicted to be at a crisis level by the year 2025 unless the current trajectory is improved. ICAA’s 2019 Virtual Summit addresses contemporary staffing issues and identifies solutions to enhance employee engagement, develop employee talents, and increase ways to strengthen your organization through high quality, motivated and loyal employees.
11:00 a.m.- 11:05 a.m. EST Welcome and overview
11:05 a.m.- 11:10 a.m. Strategies from our partners
11:10 a.m.- 11:55 a.m. Recruiting quality employees and the importance of onboarding
One of the most important indicators of an exceptional organization is having sufficient, attentive and quality staff. Unfortunately, inadequate staffing is a widespread and persistent problem for many organizations focused on working with older adults.
- How to recruit quality and qualified staff
- Interviewing, screening, and selecting star employees
- Onboarding and welcoming new employees
- The importance of organizational culture
11:55 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. Strategies from our partners
12:00 p.m.- 12:05 p.m. Coffee/Move your body Break
12:05 p.m.- 12:50 p.m. Employee turnover and absenteeism
Absenteeism and turnover cost an organization time as well money. The inconsistent workforce disrupts the organization’s culture, decreases morale, and can lead to lower quality of care for residents. There are some factors that contribute to employee turnover and absenteeism, understanding the reasons is the first step toward a solution.
- What are the negative results and costs to your organization?
- What causes turnover and absenteeism?
- How to avoid costly turnover and absenteeism?
- Steps to identify those at risk of leaving and monitor who is continuously absent
- How to prevent departure and absence
- One bad apple - decisions around termination
12:50 p.m.- 1:00 p.m. Wrap-up & Review