This webinar will feature four local health departments and their unique practice-based successes in their cardiovascular disease prevention efforts and implementation of the Million Hearts™ initiative.
Million Hearts™ is a national initiative designed to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes in the United States by the end of 2017. Million Hearts™ seeks to increase the use of proven clinical and community strategies to prevent heart disease and stroke across the nation.
This webinar is sponsored by the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), in collaboration with the American Heart Association, National Forum for Heart Disease and Stroke, and CDC’s Million Hearts Collaborative.
To help participants improve their awareness and understanding of practice-based local health department programs that address cardiovascular health and local efforts to implement the Million Hearts™ initiative in cardiovascular disease prevention.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of Million Hearts™ and how local health departments can be a part of Million Hearts™;
- Identify at least one cardiovascular disease prevention strategy used by a local public health department that they can implement in their own agency;
- Understand how policies and practices in local health departments impact cardiovascular disease prevention; and
- Become knowledgeable about multiple innovative strategies to transform current preventive chronic disease efforts and programs
The intended audience for this webinar is local public health officials, staff, national partners and multi-sector partners.
Webinar presenters include:
- DC Department of Health
- Denver Public Health
- Philadelphia Department of Health
- Southern Nevada Health District