The momentum of the alternative metrics or ‘altmetrics’ movement – tracking attention to research papers across sources such as policy documents, news, blogs and social media – signals a demand to understand research engagement much more quickly than is possible with traditional citations.
This webinar, organised by STRIVE and RESYST, discusses:
- the emergence of altmetrics and how to interpret the data
- what altmetrics can tell us about research engagement and impact
- attention sources tracked, tools and how it works at Altmetric.com
- examples of HIV research
- qualitative data
Natalia Madjarevic joined Altmetric as Training and Implementation Manager in 2014, where she coordinates the rollout of Altmetric tools with new customers and runs the training programme. Natalia was previously Research Support Services Manager at LSE Library, where she was responsible for open access, bibliometrics activities, research data management and liaison with the Department of Economics.
9:00am Washington DC
6:30pm New Delhi/Bangalore
To join this Learning Lab, register below.
To join the webinar, you must call in AND join online to hear audio and view the slides.
1. Register now and you will then receive an email giving you the access code & toll-free numbers to dial.
2. Log in to Ready Talk as a participant online, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can see the slides. Access code 9272774.
3. Dial in to Ready Talk on your telephone, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can hear the presenter speaking. Access code 9272774.
Other toll-free numbers are available here. See your confirmation email for the link. Alternatively, dial the US toll-free number from Skype: 866.740.1260.
Please send enquiries to Michelle [dot] Moore [at] LSHTM [dot] ac [dot] uk by Friday 11 September 2015.