Organized by the SOPHE Global Health Community of Practice, there will be a discussion on roughly three best practices and careers along with potential research and pedagogy in Global Health.
1) Best practices for developing leaders with world-class knowledge, technological skills,
and cutting-edge leadership principles including the various routes to equip one’s self.
2) Best practices and lessons learned in the dissemination of research and evaluation in
academic and creative peer-reviewed and non-peer reviewed venues.
3) Pedagogical strategies for professional preparation locally for public health practice in
the global context by exploring the underpinnings of a study abroad course that allows for comparisons of two health care systems.
4) Global Careers at CDC: We will consider global health opportunities at CDC, including temporary fellowships and permanent career assignments.
5) A discussion will focus on CDC programs that work internationally and approaches for
connecting with them.
5) Best practices based on evidence base in developing skills in pedagogical understanding and delivery of online and hybrid courses in health education/health promotion nationally and internationally.
6) We will discuss publishing international research, including potential venues and tips for writing, submitting, communicating with editors, responding to reviewers and pitfalls unique to global scholarship.