The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to expand their knowledge with new information on the use of nitrous oxide in the LDR setting.
- Identify key strategies for successful nitrous oxide (N2O) implementation
- Describe nitrous oxide (N2O) and its use for the management of labor and immediate postpartum pain
- Describe the historical perspective of nitrous oxide and the impact of its use in the US
- Describe the maternal and fetal effects associated with use of nitrous oxide (N2O)
- Explain how nitrous oxide is used by the patient
- Differentiate which patients are best suited for nitrous oxide (N2O) use
- Explain occupational exposure and how risk is minimized
Evaluation and post-test provided immediately following the webinar (internet browser must remain open). Certificates provided via email approximately 1-2 weeks following the live presentation.
1.0 Contact Hour:
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™:
Women & Infants Hospital is accredited by the Rhode Island Medical Society to sponsor intrastate continuing education for physicians. Women & Infants Hospital designates this online educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
No individual in a position to control content for this activity has any relevant financial relationships to declare.